I suggest you ...

allow filtering by type of program

Let me explain: Some programs are just e-books. Some are just themes for other programs. I am not particularly interested in either of these. I'd like to be able to filter these out of my searches

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jeremyafrankjeremyafrank shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Craig PurdieCraig Purdie commented  · 

You used to be able to filter your saved lists and installed apps by category, however this feature has been removed. Can it be brought back, it was the main reason that I started using AppBrain to maintain my lists of applications I used and shared with friends.

• Esther StromEsther Strom commented  · 

Given how old this thread is, I'm guessing it's not going to happen. But I'd like to see a browse by category feature on the website. I don't use the appbrain market much on my phone; I search in my computer's browser and then add to my phone. It would make it much easier to find something like a photo manager if I could see a list of categories, instead of having to try to find something among "entertainment".

• Pablo VitassoPablo Vitasso commented  · 

ebay, allegro would be unthinkably harder to browse without this!

appbrain also has increasing number of items.

try searching for "adw launcher" on appbrain - you'll get bazilon pages of adw *themes* <angry face>

good luck with making appbrain more professionally gui-friendly! I mean programming this not-so-difficullt feature :D

• Matej drobničMatej drobnič commented  · 

Agree, it would be nice to have aditional sub-filters based on what application actually is like widgets, applications or themes.

• travistravis commented  · 

After searching you should get a list of all the categories that the found applications are in. Then clicking on the category should filter the results to applications in that particular category.

Feedback and Knowledge Base